Join the front lines of medical innovation
Lung Therapeutics is seeking an experienced, motivated, self-sufficient Scientist II/III for a position based in Tyler, Texas, USA. The ideal candidate will have significant expertise and a broad background in cellular biology, use of animal models, biochemistry and pathway analysis involving peptides and proteins in pulmonary fibrosis, in particular, and fibrotic disease, in general.
The position is funded by Lung Therapeutics to carry out research plans relevant to the advancement of Lung Therapeutics’ product development. The position is physically located in Lung Therapeutics wet lab space based at the Biomedical Research Facility at UT Health Northeast in Tyler, Texas. Candidates should be able to demonstrate a track record of independent productive research, show willingness to help guide junior lab members, have strong organizational, written, and verbal skills, and possess the ability to work both independently and as part of a laboratory team.
- Develop, implement and execute both animal and cellular models to test efficacy and inform the molecular mechanisms affecting fibrosis in mammalian cells tissues, primarily of the lungs.
- Rapidly onboard existing protocols and improve/augment as required
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals carrying out experimentation oneself
- Independently design or otherwise execute studies to understand proteins and cell signaling pathways associated with tissue remodeling and fibrosis.
- Evaluate and incorporate whenever possible cutting-edge technologies and models to drive creative molecular/cellular research.
- Accountable for project execution, communication of results to pharmaceutical industry standards and follow-up
- Collaborate broadly with members of the program teams at Lung Therapeutics based in Austin, TX and with collaborating research groups based at UT Health Northwest in Tyler, Tx.
- Prepare and present findings at company and collaborator meetings
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or In Vitro Pharmacology, or a relevant biological field with at least 5 years of industry and/or academic experience investigating mechanism of modulation of cellular pathways preferably working with proteins and peptides
- Demonstrated understanding of molecular biology, cell biology and biochemistry and hands-on experience with current techniques in protein/peptide isolation, Northern/Western blotting, QPCR, biochemical assays, histological sample preparation, and mammalian primary cell culture, and their use in dissecting biochemical pathways
- Must have experience with in vivo animal husbandry and experimentation in rats and mice including dosing, biological sample collection, terminal procedures, multiple time point sample collections, for example for PK studies
- Experience in pulmonary fibrosis specifically and familiarity with fibrotic diseases in general is necessary
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to work independently and effectively in a highly dynamic environment
- Ability to multi-task to meet aggressive technology development and research goals
We can offer a varied, fast paced and interesting experience as a key contributor in growing company. We are committed to high quality, timely, well-documented science to meet our aggressive corporate development plans. In addition to competitive salaries we offer an attractive benefits package including medical, health & short-term disability insurances and a "flexible within reason" leave schedule up to 3 weeks per year.
To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter to email@example.com.